CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign updated its COVID-19 dashboard to add more data points and greater detail.
“We believe it is critically important to be transparent about our on-campus COVID-19 tests and cases,” Chancellor Robert J. Jones said. “The previous dashboard shared this information with our university community and with the public, and we believe the new version is even more responsive to the specific data points that people want to know.”
The previous version displayed cumulative total test results, past seven-day positivity rate, new COVID-19 cases by day and total number of daily tests.
The updated dashboard includes new features:
- New (daily) cases by population.
- Breakdown of tests taken by population.
- Positivity rate by population.
- Seven-day rolling average of positivity rate by population.
- Expanded result timeframes (most recent day, past seven days, cumulative).
- Unique users of Safer Illinois app.
It also includes several updates of existing features:
- Population categories in the bar graphs.
- Seven-day rolling positivity rate over time.
Planned updates in the near future include adding quarantine and isolation information and also providing access to testing data to news media, researchers and the public using GitHub.
The university’s COVID-19-testing data dashboard was launched in August to share information on the COVID-19 testing program with the campus community and the public, and the program has processed more than 1 million tests. Learn more about the university’s on-campus testing program on the COVID-19 website.