CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — Traffic patterns in the campus area will be affected by the annual Homecoming Parade, which takes place Friday, Oct. 27 from 6 to 7 p.m. The route begins at Sixth Street and Lorado Taft Drive in Champaign, traveling through Campustown and turning south on Mathews Avenue in Urbana to end at the Main Quad.
Several campus-area streets and intersections will be closed between 5:30 and 7 p.m. MTD routes through the parade area will be modified and delays may occur. Streets and intersections that are affected are listed below.
Parking lot E-3, next to the main library, will not be accessible between 5:30 and 7 p.m. No entrance to or exit from the facility will be allowed. Staging for the parade will take place around the Krannert Art Museum on Sixth Street. While Peabody Drive will be open to motorists, expect delays.
At 7 p.m., all streets and intersections will reopen and buses will return to regular routes.
- Sixth Street from Peabody Drive to Armory Avenue
- Gregory Street from Fourth Street to Sixth Street
- Armory Avenue from Sixth Street to Wright Street
- Wright Street from Armory Avenue to Green Street
- Green Street from Wright Street to Mathews Avenue
- Mathews Avenue from Green Street to Nevada Street
- Sixth Street and Laredo Taft Drive
- Sixth Street and Gregory Drive
- Sixth Street and Armory Avenue
- Armory Avenue and Wright Street
- Wright Street and Chalmers Street
- Wright Street and Daniel Street
- Wright Street and John Street
- Wright Street and Green Street
- Green Street and Mathews Avenue
- Mathews Avenue and Oregon Street
- Oregon Street and Goodwin Avenue
- Mathews Avenue and Nevada Street