Just in time for the 2016 primary election, Illinois Public Media is providing Illinois citizens with Voter’s Edge Illinois – a free, nonpartisan online voter guide. This service is made possible through a partnership with MapLight, a nonpartisan research organization that tracks money in politics.
“Illinois Public Media is fortunate to partner with MapLight to bring Voter’s Edge’s trusted research and information to our audience and citizens across the state,” said Kimberlie Kranich, the director of community content and engagement at Illinois Public Media. “Together we are able to provide sources of congressional and presidential campaign funds, news and analysis, the candidates’ political and professional experience, and more, in time for the primary election.”
Illinois voters can go to votersedge.will.illinois.edu and type in their ZIP code and home address to immediately view a full and personalized ballot. Along with their ballot, voters can:
- View WILL news stories about the candidates and the election.
- Get information on sources of campaign financing for congressional and presidential races.
- See candidate biographies, top priorities, photos and more.
- Read summaries of select ballot measures.
- Check where, when and how to vote.
- Mark their choices, print their ballot and bring it with them to the polls on Election Day.
The free online voter guide is available now at votersedge.will.illinois.edu, allowing plenty of time for citizens to get informed before the upcoming Illinois primary on March 15. An updated version of the guide will be available for the general election.