Seven new Teaching Academies Faculty Fellows were recently announced. The Faculty Fellows Program, new this fall, supports the teaching academies, which seek to enhance the campus' teaching and learning environment. The teaching academies are focal points of faculty members' collaborative investigations of pedagogical challenges and innovations. In some areas, the teaching academies are even advancing the state of research on higher education concerns.
"As a public, land-grant university that is rich in the quality and number of its research faculty, Illinois has a unique responsibility to drive these higher education conversations forward, and our teaching academies are leading the way," said Mary-Ann Winkelmes, campus coordinator for programs on teaching and learning. The faculty fellows were announced at a campuswide faculty forum on innovative teaching. At that event, the contributions of the campus' 14 teaching academies were recognized.
The faculty fellows:
- Steven Ashby, clinical professor, School of Labor and Employment Relations
- Stephanie Ceman, professor, College of Medicine
- John Colombo, Albert E. Jenner Jr. Professor, College of Law
- Eve Harwood, professor emeritus, College of Fine and Applied Arts
- Steven Helle, professor, College of Media
- Santiago Gutierrez Nibeyro, visiting clinical professor, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Rosa (Amy) Milagros Santos, professor, College of Education